Parent Organization plays a vital role in the life of our school. It brings together parents from all grades to work on a variety of programs all meant to enhance their children’s educational and social experience at HACD. Every family at HACD is automatically a paying member of Parent Org. Become an active member and help bring some extra joy to the children and staff of our school. You can join the fun anytime!
Parent Organization is proud to have supported the following programs throughout the years:
- Sponsoring Breakfast/Lunch for Faculty/Staff Workshops 3x a year
- Rosh Hashanah Caramel Apples for entire school
- Chanukah Family Dinner and Concert
- On-going Recycling Programs
- Teacher Lunch and Latkes for Entire School
- Purim Gift Bags for all students and staff
- Israeli Lunch Sample Luncheon for Yom Haatzmaut
- Ice Cream for Shavout
- Year End School Picnic
- Student Year End Gift Baskets
- Teacher/Staff Year End Gift Totes
- Teacher Appreciation Day Lunch and Gifts
- 8th Grade Graduation Sponsorship
- School Picture Day Fall and Spring
- Purchased Kitchen Equipment and Supplies for the Hot Lunch Program
- Faculty and Staff Hospitality Birthday Cards
- Chanukah Bazaar
- Discounted Show Tickets
Extended Day Program
The after-school day care program provides a safe and pleasant extended environment for our children in a space that is familiar and comfortable. Children have the opportunity to study, socialize, and play. Care is available at a very reasonable rate on an hourly basis from dismissal until 5:30 p.m. Mondays through Fridays. For more information, contact the office.
Hebrew Academy announcements will be made via the following media outlets (or their website), starting at 6 am:
- WRGB—Channel 6
- WTEN—Channel 10
- WNYT—Channel 13
- WXXA (FOX) Channel 23
- YNN/TWC News Channel 9
- The Times Union
The announcements are the best way to determine whether or not classes are in session. Parents should not call the school office or school personnel at home regarding school closings or early dismissals.
If there is a delayed opening, it will be consistently a two hour delay and classes will begin at 10:00 a.m. If there is a delayed opening, verify that your school district is providing bus transportation and any changes in its schedule from the media or with your school district. Please do not drop child(en) off earlier than 9:45.
If school is already in session and we must have an early or emergency dismissal, parents will be notified by phone, in addition to the media announcements. Contact the office if your student/s will be going home in a different way than they normally go home. Parents must indicate on the emergency forms where they can be reached in case of an early dismissal. We must also have the name and telephone number of an alternate person to call, such as a neighbor or relative, who can be notified if the parents cannot be reached.