Hebrew Academy of the Capital District is an independent Jewish Day School located in Albany, New York. Our school offers a high quality education while nurturing Jewish identity and knowledge. We are a member of the Schechter Day School Network and PRIZMAH.
Strong academic foundations. Bet Shraga Hebrew Academy is committed to the highest academic standards in both Judaic and General Studies. We strive to promote a love of learning and to respond to the individual needs of students within a nurturing and respectful environment immersed in Jewish values. We are committed to preparing our students for the emerging educational challenges of the 21st century.
Jewish identity. Bet Shraga Hebrew Academy seeks to instill a strong sense of pride in Judaism and to ensure that our students develop tools for full participation in all aspects of Jewish life. This includes religious observance, a lifetime of Jewish learning, commitment to Jewish communal life, a connection to Israel and worldwide Jewry and continued spiritual and ethical growth. Our curriculum extends beyond our school to involve home, family and community.
Our Inclusive School Community
Adopted by the Board of Trustees, December 21, 2000; proposed update February 23, 2015; update adopted March 16, 2015.
Bet Shraga Hebrew Academy of the Capital District (HACD) is an inclusive community school. Faculty, parents, and students come to HACD with varying traditions and backgrounds. The school recognizes and respects these diverse religious beliefs, philosophies, attitudes and observances. Furthermore, in order to ensure that these diverse traditions and backgrounds are recognized and respected, the school is committed to the following goals:
- To value the diversity of our Jewish community. We foster an environment where faculty, parents, and students respect and value the varied makeup of Jewish families and their religious, cultural, social, and economic diversity. We foster Jewish knowledge, Jewish values, and a lifetime connection to the Jewish people.
- To include and involve diverse viewpoints. We strive to include and involve people with diverse viewpoints on our Board of Trustees and committees. It is important for the school’s faculty and parents to work together to guide the children’s educational, emotional, and spiritual growth and to create a close knit HACD family that includes a variety of opinions, practices, and traditions.
In a nurturing and respectful school community that values the uniqueness of each child and the diversity of Jewish practice, Bet Shraga Hebrew Academy:
- Creates an outstanding integrative curriculum in General & Judaic Studies, encouraging intellectual curiosity, critical thinking and love of learning
- Celebrates the richness of Jewish tradition, Torah and Israel
- Inspires ethical growth rooted in the values of justice, kindness and tikkun olam, the principle that we must each do our part to make the world a better place
54 Sand Creek Road
Albany, NY 12205
Phone: (518) 482-0464