Minutes for the Hebrew Academy of the Capital District Board of Trustees
Meeting March 21, 2016
HACD Board Members: Anna Rosen, Sandy Shuman, Moshe Binyamin, Carolyn Levine, Stephen Wrzesinski, Paul Mozer, Gail Kendall, Michele Fisher Gomez, Steven Kamenir, Suzanna Randall,
Attendees: Julie Pollack
Excused: Rabbi Binyamin Lehrfield, Malka Evan, Simona Leifer, Rabbi David Eligberg, Nathan Graber
- Dvar Torah
- November meeting : Motion by Carolyn Levine, second by Michele Fisher Gomez, approved with 3 abstentions
- February Meeting: Motion by Carolyn Levine, second by Michele Fisher Gomez, approved with no abstentions
- Head of School Report:
The Board reviewed points from the Head of School Report
- Finance Report: The Board reviewed the most recent projections of the budget based on revenues and expenditures. The Board discussed using surplus of utilities to potentially pay down some of the loan from Federation. The Board will reevaluate this at the end of the heating season and as part of the budget process.
- Budget: The Board discussed the proposed revenue budget. The Board adopted a revenue budget for 2016-2017 of $835,000 unanimously.
- Faculty Contract Negotiations: These negotiations are proceeding.
Recruitment: - Postcards for new students have been developed
Pitch deck: -The Board reviewed the draft pitch deck and discussed comments on the deck
- Development: Update on progress on Shomray Torah.
- Trustees: Anna Rosen reiterated that folks should reach out with potential Trustees
- Good and Welfare: Jesse Levine – Bat Mitzvah and HACD featured in the Jewish World on Education.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:00 PM