The Hebrew Academy Advantage
Founded in 1962, Hebrew Academy of the Capital District is a NYS chartered independent school, educating students from Kindergarten through eighth grade. The school offers an integrated and balanced curriculum emphasizing academic excellence in both general and Judaic studies. Our students develop into independent, confident learners who understand, cherish and live Jewish values.
- Enriching dual language program in a multi-age environment
- Passionate teachers focus on the intellectual and emotional growth of each child
- Integrated programming creates critical thinkers and readers
- Differentiated instruction allows students to go as far as their intellectual curiosity takes them
- Rigorous academics rounded out by art, sports, music and theater
- Judaics program emphasizes language, text study and social action
- Technology in the classroom, including tablets and SMART Boards
- Student population embraces and reflects our diverse Jewish community
Our students — your children — live the values we teach, as community builders and caring citizens of the world.
We welcome inquiries from all families interested in learning more about our school. The Admissions Office seeks highly motivated students who will take advantage of our rigorous dual curriculum and extra-curricular activities. Learn more...
The success of Bet Shraga Hebrew Academy of the Capital District is due in no small part to the tremendous support our school receives from parents, faculty, staff, and our community at large.
Invest in our long-term sustainability by making your gift today.